6/24/09

Ummmmmmm...........

So, uhh... I found out about this yesterday:

My band director quit.

Okay, to be fair, he quit to go get his masters. He's recently married and is moving in with his wife's parents. So it's all good for him. I can understand and accept that. Our program's going to suffer and I highly doubt our jazz program will be nearly as good, but... things happen, I guess. Have to move on.

What really makes me mad is apparently I'm one of the last few to find out about this. Nobody told me. Everyone else knew. And I'm a section leader. Was a section leader for last year. I'm by far the most dedicated member of the band and I'm the only one to make the all-state bands. It gets a little frustrating when I'm overlooked after all the work I've put into the program.

And what really sucks for me is: I don't have a band class first semester. I'm taking an AP course that hogs up all my space. So, not only does that mean that I might not get to know the new director, it may also make being in marching band very difficult. With our old director, we could find a way to work things out, but with this new one, things are going to be rough. I'm just hoping at this point that I'll still be able to hold my position (not like there's anyone else to do it) and stay in the band.

I hope that the new director does All-state Jazz and All-state orchestra. If he doesn't... there goes everything I've worked for. No scholarships, no beating Mr. Rich Kid (and his eight companions) for principal trumpet, and no making a name for myself in the jazz industry.

I'm just hoping that this will all work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment