6/13/09

Surgery soon

I have to have my wisdom teeth cut out on Monday. Wish me luck!

...and hope I don't die. ./kidding

They're going to give me IV sedation and have given me a valium to take before surgery... and there will be pain meds afterwards. I must admit that I don't like the concept of being drugged out of my mind (since those kinds of things scare me quite a bit), but my sister says that they'll "drug me up so good I won't even care."

I've had people telling me how horrible it's going to be for the past few years, but to be honest, I don't think it'll be nearly as bad. My sister had hers removed at the age of twelve and went to softball camp the next day, and she can't even get a tooth filled without hyperventilating.

Oh, and the aftermath? Two to three days of doing nothing but watching movies and eating macaroni. I have all of the Lord of the Rings movies rented and plan to watch them during the recovery. I only hope that I will be able to remember them afterwards!

PS: as I type this post, I'm working on programming a few new systems for my current Warcraft project (500 lines of code on JASSCraft in around an hour, yay!). As soon as I get done with that, I'll be starting with a quickwrite (in the Lord of the Rings fandom) to relieve stress and get my writing unhung from Echoes and Redemption. Nothing's changed since the last update on those stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment