4/16/10

"The Ambassador" Preview

In light of a few asking about The Ambassador, I've posted the first chapter up on the stories blog. Find it at:

http://jaslazulstories.blogspot.com/2010/04/ambassador-preview.html

This is turning out to be a deep story, even though it started as something half-comedic. It's a thematic story with lots of allusions and careful diction to hint at its message. It is not a romance story, though it might have a few romantic subplots (with whom, I do not yet know; each person I've shown it to sees it spiraling in a different direction). It's pseudo-fanfiction, meaning that it's set in Lylat, playing heavily upon settings like Corneria and upon game events like the Command ending that ends in the settlement of Venom. All the characters, though, are my own.

My biggest issues right now are at the beginning and at my current point, trying to figure out what to do next. There are different ways I could take this story, all of which lending it different themes and plots.

In other words: tell me what you'd like to see, even if it's something silly. Or just say what you think about it--you guys have no idea how much just hearing an opinion sometimes can influence the path of a story. And if you're really good, you can suggest stuff for the beginning (the one that I don't like very much)!

Anyway--in the words of Guardian1: enjoy yourself; I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment